PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I (may) quit flying
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2014, 17:30
CABUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPaul

I am sad to say but I agree with a lot of what you have had to say. The private flying world attracts a wide range of people most of which are great and one can have a lot in common with however, it also can attract quite a few competitive egomaniacs who can nearly always be found at flying clubs holding court on gin clear weekends. With commercial airspace taking over, VFR corridors and sectors being ever squeezed and nice little strips closing down private flying is getting ever worse - especially on the South coast. I can see how these things would defiantly drive to to think twice about flying, especially if you have ticked off all the major PPL training boxes and flown to a variety of places, the challenge and fun have sadly gone.

I would agree with the sentiments of a few others and put powered flying on the back burner for a while. If you keep flying while not fully enjoying it you will only end up seeing it as a money drain and end up resenting it. Where as if you stop flying for a couple of years you could always go back to it with only a few hours as a refresher. Enjoy a few holiday in the car to Reims and hopefully you will come back to flying and enjoy it all the more so.

Cracking advice about a new challange Fwings, I would defiantly give soaring a go, great fun and hones the skills.

All the best.