PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Final report - accident at Croydon, Sept 2013
Old 28th May 2014, 05:44
tecman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm usually no great fan of ATSB reports but I don't see this report as the worst example of their recent output. The pilot had a serious medical condition reported fairly late in the piece, was taking various potent prescription drugs, was knowingly flying without a valid medical, was utilizing an aircraft (just) outside its legal maintenance regime and then, for whatever reason, the poor guy made the terrible decision to operate out of an unsuitable area. Frankly, I'd be more worried if the ATSB burned more of my tax dollars going much beyond where they ended up. I do agree that more could have been made of the surface met conditions on the day, had any sort of useful insight been available. But to argue the difference between 30' and 50' tree clearance in the use of the P-chart is really grasping at straws. A tragic and terrible outcome and, whatever you think of the report, more than enough lessons for us.