PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEP at Ryanair
Thread: DEP at Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 19:41
Push to talk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been in Ryanair long enough to know, also in Say Mach Number's base. And yes it 'can' be ok, if you are lucky and it suits your personal situation. But for most it doesnt. Such large number of people dont leave for nothing.
The 5/4 roster is not available for all bases and what is most important, even in Say Mach number's happy situation, what guarantees or protects you from not losing all these things you like or enjoy and seeing, for example, a flexible roster in the summer and unpaid leave in the winter? All contracts are such that Ryanair can change things as they like, when they like. And I dont believe they have proven to be that trustworthy or generous since they appreciate or like their pilot workforce so much. Some people forget to bother about their future and dont see on what thin wire their situation is hanging as they are gloating too much on their current situation or money they currently make.

One has to be careful with the water yes, the crewroom water taps will not do you any good, but might still be better than the water from the taps on board.

Sure I can understand some are attracted by the shiny lights of a 737 type rating and swift command, but do realize that its most likely you will find yourself at the other end of the scale then where Say Mach Number is sitting.

Ofcourse this is all just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Push to talk; 29th May 2014 at 20:19.