PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC 175
Thread: EC 175
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 19:07
tottigol

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
DB, I am not desperate, I am not trying to trash any aircraft, I am trying to get some honest answers from you and you are not giving them.

If you are familiar with this:
NCO.OP.126 Fuel and oil supply — helicopters, then you'll know that the 30 minutes apply only if you don't need an alternate, given planning for all possible eventualities is unrealistic, however generally speaking if you go IFR is because the WX is crappy.

I have not flown in any Eurocopter product but I am very familiar with them, as a matter of fact they share the ramp with what I fly.
We do not bump passengers in the 225, but the baggage SPACE not the weight, is extremely limited considering what the passengers carry in the GoM, if you deny that, than you do not know how operations are carried out.

I am quoting you:
2. Helicopters burn fuel as they fly (you might have noticed) you therefore take an average between them listed figures. You instead are making them up as you go.

3. The cruise speed at 7500 is 156 KIAS. I have seen it with my own eyes. Yet, when asked you do not provide a power setting and an altitude, perhaps you were in one of the passenger seats? Or perhaps you cannot correlate IAS with TAS?
156 KIAS are well above the published recommended cruise charts, the numbers on those charts are TAS.
Also on page 51 of the technical data the speed mentioned to achieve those ass numbing ranges is BEST RANGE @ 5000' rather than the eye popping 156 KIAS?

Perhaps, since it's PUBLISHED you ought to read this:
http://airbushelicoptersinc.com/imag...hData-2014.pdf before you make assumptions in a qualified forum.

4. The MTOM will be certified at 7800 kgs very soon Perhaps you'll be interested in listening to what your company has to say about that.
At 7500 the published radius of action Auth 16 oil and gas pax is 140 mms. Only thing we agree on, but NOT at 156 KIAS, much less.
At 7800 this will increase to between 170 and 200 depending on the mass of the pax. And so shall the fuel burn, but you omit to say that.
These are mathematical facts. Your own mathematics.

You are still pushing numbers for the 7800 Kg certified max weight of the 175, numbers that DO NOT MATCH the ones in the published material, you refuse to answer simple questions and you continuously change your version with regard to the increased gross weight.

So I am going to post a link AGAIN, hoping that you read it and notice the wide differences between your version and the official position of AIRBUS:

Airbus Helicopters mulls strategy for higher-weight EC175 - 5/21/2014 - Flight Global

Also here:

EC175 Info Center

2016 is not soon.

You seem to be very confused with regards to the process required to increase the gross weight in an airframe that has already been certificated at a lower one, a process that involves the certificating authority and not just the OEM. Perhaps you ought to consult with Bell on this matter.

Then you go on telling us that 7800Kg performance is the same as 7500Kg even though NONE OF THE CHARTS IN THE RFM EVEN MENTION 7800Kg but clearly show that with ever increasing weight the cruise speed moves to the left of the graphs, do you think we're stupid?

Also, recommended cruise speed is NOT IAS but TAS, so you have to understand that when you go to the ISA+20 and say "I saw it with my own eyes cruising at 156 KIAS", that is a statement that on its own has no merit, because it does not consider what power was being used at the time.

I am not desperate, I am a very experience helicopter pilot who takes his aerodynamics and performance figures rather seriously, and I am rather amused that AIRBUS allows an individual as unprepared as you to represent them in a public forum.

Now go spread your bull**** somewhere else, I've had it with you.
You can keep the five of whatever currency of your choice.

Last edited by tottigol; 28th May 2014 at 00:40.