PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 14:57
syscons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian W

Thanks for the clear explanation http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/5...ml#post8492799

I note you had previously said: "the Malaysian ATC followed the book pretty well. They were not responsible for the aircraft which had been handed off and accepted by Ho Chi Minh center."

I just wonder where the certainly about handover and acceptance comes from. There are some anomalies:

(1) The Malaysian Preliminary Report does not say that the aircraft had been handed over and accepted.

(2) Both the Preliminary Report and the "Action Taken" document specify a lot about what KLATCC did to find the aircraft. For example in the PR "Thereafter KLATCC initiated efforts involving MAS OPS Center, Singapore ACC, Hong Kong ACC and Phnom Penh ACC to establish the location of MH 370. No contact had been established by any ATC units and thus the Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC) was activated at 05:30 MYT". Discussing what KL did is all rather beside the point if it is HCM's task and responsibility to contact the aircraft. Would it not have been HCM's responsibility to activate a search? [I do understand that much of this activity would be necessary to respond when HCM "asked Subang - 'Is MH370 still with you - he's not talking to me'".]

(3) Vietnam apparently denied responsibility Vietnam requests Flight 370 information after Malaysian claims | DTiNews - Dan Tri International, the news gateway of Vietnam saying "“In fact, there is no evidence that the aircraft had passed through the “Igari” way-point and entered our country’s airspace,” said Lai Xuan Thanh, Director of CAAV.". [I do understand that handover and entering the countries airspace are not necessarily the same thing].

I'm not trying to construct any conspiracy theory, I agree with you, peacetime, no threats apparent etc. I am just curious to understand. It seems pretty clear that HCM had probably accepted the aircraft, as they were the first to raise a query with KL, but the curious points above remain.