PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I (may) quit flying
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 08:40
Aware

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The important thing is enjoying flying you can afford, rather than looking for some more training for something you'll not use.

Very wise words, keep it simple and low cost, then the guilt goes away so does the hassle.

Paul when you said you had spent a fortune I was thinking PPL + IMC plus lets say 120 hrs, can't be that bad, but today that would cost I guess the best part of £30K !! Cricky the Mrs would have to be understanding !!

I spent 20K on all my ratings and over 10 years earned that back part - time with a bit to spare, at £20 - £25 ph, so as a cost exercise ok, time wise not good, but some of my students are now still instructing for free, having spent fortunes on ratings.

This thread got me thinking what else would I do, classic car maybe, but looking on net a good one of those is 30K or so, but I guess in 10 years if you have had enough you sell it and maybe make a profit. I was looking at single engine training for IR £320.00 dual PH on south coast, its probably time to move on !!