PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2014, 05:01
Blake777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pontius

The BFO analysis chart would indicate that the turn south probably happened within a few minutes of passing MEKAR.

The ATSB fact sheet mentions timing of last primary radar as 0222. The BFO chart indicates probable turn a few minutes before 0230.

On another issue: does anyone have any comments on the fact that Vietnamese military radar detected the turn back and advised Malaysia in real time? I am unsure from press releases "who" was officially advised. I am asking from the point of view of recent discussions over ATC protocol and whose job it was to attempt to find the missing aircraft. Were there grounds for the aircraft's possible movements to be placed back under either Subang's attention, or Malaysian military attention, in view of the above?

I find it somewhat curious that, whilst in other circumstances an unidentified aircraft on military radar might not attract much attention, in this case knowing that the aircraft had lost all communications, and that Vietnam advised of a turn back, no-one thought it worth connecting the dots.

Last edited by Blake777; 27th May 2014 at 05:04. Reason: Redundancy