PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wright brothers just glided in 1903. They flew in 1908.
Old 27th May 2014, 00:12
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
simplex you are a revisionist crank and are deluding yourself and wasting pprune space.

1. 30 years AFTER the fact, daniels writes a little note. You do not know the state of mind he was in when (and if ) he wrote the note. He may have been a victim of disease, drugs, or booze. AND NO ONE ELSE of the company of men who watched the flights was contacted or questioned.

IF there was any question about the flight, it would have to have come to light within 10 years of the flight to have any real meaning. I am using 10 years as the time frame because it was during Wilbur's life and would have come up in patent battles in court. BUT IT DID NOT>

REally, how hard was it to build a crude engine? They had a mechanical shop, and could easily get supplies. I'll bet you don't even know what a "make and break" ignition system is. Automobiles were relatively new then and engines were as easy to make as a trip to a computer store was 30 years ago. Provided you had the place to make it (and they did).

Wondering if you even know that Orville built a wind tunnel to test the designs of the wings? Engines, Wind Tunnels , and what have you made simplex?

While it is true that the Wrights did go back to separate rudder and wingwarping/aileron controls, I will remind you that an award winning plane many years later used the same idea of an interconnected rudder and aileron system (ercoupe).

BUT what they did figure out was that you needed RUDDER to overcome warp drag (adverse aileron yaw).

YOU SIR are sadly misinformed.

MODS, please close the thread unless this person has personal information gleaned from direct , empiric observation.

OH and computer simulations of airplanes? Unless they were multi million dollar high quality, airline type , simulators, I can't fly the little computer simulations either. but don't tell all those people sitting behind me, and the flight attendants and my copilot!

I am amazed at your poor analysis. I am amazed at your gullibility in this matter.

REVISIONIST CRANK and a poor one at that.

LOCK IT UP MODS! Over and Out.