PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vandals destroy more aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2003, 16:56
Bootlegger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a few points here.......(Firstly), great sympathy for the owners of the aircraft...........(secondly), i hate the fact that a lot of people in this country, not just teenagers, resent the fact that others have achievements/assets. Im no analyst, so i dont have the answers...but in other countries i find people more easy going about the fact, and not screwed up with self devouring envy. (Saying that......) before taking up my flight training...i was expecting fellow pilots to be "snobbish"....this is not the case at all......they are probably the most "down to earth" people i know.
(Thirdly,)......im quite surprised at the total lack of security at some general aviation aerodromes........in the middle of nowhere, with no security guard etc...i know it costs money but....... .
Its not just theft /vandalism....but after 9/11 there's other threats.
I love flying and i know how i would feel if some W*nker had deliberately damaged my aeroplane...........but keep your head up, what "goes round comes round"........the authorities will catch the crooks...probably think it would rehabilitate them by giving them a trial flight....YOU take them to 3000ft....and chuck the b*stards out.......................simple aint it