PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I (may) quit flying
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 09:13
maxred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something I don't have, as I *used* to earn good money which required an exemplary performance.
Lost his job.

I have started a new business and so money is tighter. Whilst it doesn't preclude flying, I could certainly cover the renewal, I just have to now really want to go flying to pay for it.
Starting a new business, presumably because jobs are scarce

I now have a 16 month old son. I feel I've pushed my luck, I've been in a couple of icky situations that weren't pleasant, but basically had my fun and survived. I am now more risk averse after his birth.
Major life change circumstance

Let's face it, groups of pilots usually have a higher asshole content than any other group of people I have interacted with
No surprise here, worse than yachties...

Roughly 50% of my booked slots fall through. Usually the weather, but then planes going tech, some guy getting back much later than expected etc all conspire.
Major issue when time constrained

Aeros, meh. Maybe but I'm 41 now and my stomach, and digestion in general, is not as resilient as it used to be.

Flying more types? Just seems like hassle. I'd rather go places rather than memorise charts & flight envelopes. Then again it'd be more fun to drive through France enjoying the people, restaurants and places along the way rather than sitting in a cockpit talking to ATCOs and doing FREDA checks.
I don't think PP likes it anymore

Soooo, for all of those who obviously did not read the OP, a trait on Pprune, Pompey has a lot more going on than just wondering about gliding. Several major life changes in there, all of which an Internet forum may not resolve. As stated, we all face life changes, some more frequently than others, and unfortunately, you just have to sit still,and work out your priorities and where you want to go, simples really