PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reducing thrust in cruise for overspeed
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 06:57
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But we have to realise that we are of a dying species, the one with experience and some common sense left. We are overwhelmed by the new generation who religiously follow the magenta line, the FCOM and SOPS without filter or questions.
Remember the former UAS by Airbus, that was amended after some incidents? It shows that not everything straight from the A/B horse's mouthes is incontestable and of final wisdom.

Slight thread creep, but I have to admit I always taught Boeing incipient stall recovery from stick shaker was, 1st elevator then a split second later add thrust. Guess what it is now. Aerodynamics on a basic aeroplane had never changed. I did, also, demo a stick shaker recovery from low level flight with A/P engaged by just adding power. It was always interesting, so they saw both sides of the coin. It wasn't going to work at medium levels or above, but….
Sadly, now, the syllabus I have to use does not include time for such demos. The knowledge transfer is much less than it was. Time is too squeezed.