PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2014, 04:27
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alan will be ecstatic with the VA April figures released this morning too!!
The release of the figures came after Qantas said last week it would freeze domestic capacity in coming months, citing weak consumer confidence and a slowdown in the mining sector. The decision abandoned its strategy of maintaining its 65 per cent share with the airline's chief executive Alan Joyce saying he was comfortable with 63 per cent.
This is despite Qantas chief financial officer Gareth Evans saying in January that ''stepping back from the 65 per cent would effectively be waving the white flag''
And Macquarie analyst Sam Dobson said Qantas appeared to be losing market share, considering capacity across Virgin's entire group, with includes Tigerair rose 0.3 per cent, while its revenue grew 4.3 per cent.
You really have to wonder, is there that little talent outside that JH is seriously being considered as a contender for the title.
I think JH's appearance in the Australian was simply a promotion exercise to trump up J* in response to the virgin figures out today.. J* Asia has copped a lot of flake in the media not just locally but regionally. I don't think her track record has been good since she got the gig from BB..

Her aggressive nature (recent senate inquiries) doesn't help her and I also could not help feeling AJ was protecting her 4.40 into this video onwards as an example.. he is a champion at diverting attention and using up valuable time in these situations. To AJ's credit, I don't think JH has the talent to hold up or keeping her composure to hard questions from the media should a sticky situation arise..

What's clear for all to see now, AJ, JH, LC, GE, & the board have been on the wrong strategy which has hurt the whole Qantas group business.

agree 100% with ENT

it's time to look externally but really let's face it without LC buggering off, it really will be more of the same
Exactly where things are at now... he still has control....