PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Assist's Airline Prep
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2001, 14:57
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 226 Likes on 87 Posts
Exclamation

Hmm, the more digging I do the less I am impressed.

The individuals involved whilst superficially qualified at what they are doing would seem to lack serious experience or credibility.

I really cannot see what it is they can do for you that the books 'How to get an ATPL' and 'Zero To First Officer' cannot for a fraction of the price.

I am not sure either on the legality, copyright or ethics of administering psychometric tests UNLESS the person holds the relevant qualifications to do so and is accredited as such by the British Psychological Society. If they are using simple off the shelf tests then they are available by mail order to anybody and of questionable value to airline wannabes.

I think you'd be far better off attending a PPRuNe Wannabe Seminar for £10 and getting to talk to seasoned Chief Pilots and the like about recruitment...

Frankly half the reason for the setting up of the Wannabe Seminar days was becuase of an awareness on the part of PPRuNe management that there are people out there making a good living out of Wannabes by selling them dubious "services" linked to their desire to gain employment...

I'll keep looking at this but for now my advice is to be cirumspect if considering employing this organisation.