PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince William for Air Ambulance?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 20:34
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
ANANKE if you think everyone should be treated the same I agree!
So apply to the the RCB and pass.

Then attend RMA Sandhurst and pass the 12 month (9 month in my day) course to become a commissioned officer. Let me tell you there are no easy rides on that course.

Then apply for flight training. Pass the selection. Survive the 1 year attachment in the teeth arms. Join the Army Pilots course. Survive every single sortie where you are only two rides away from the chop.

Then tell me you think we are all the same!

It is not very often that we look back and feel pride in what we achieved. But those of us who have trod the same path as Prince William and Harry, who needed gainful employment, take our hats off to those two lads who did it voluntarily, with a smile on their faces, when they were already rolling in clover.

I spent three years as an regional Air Ambulance Chief Pilot. If the system can protect him, I salute Williams efforts to promote the cause and serve the public because the wages in that role suck.

ANANKE I agree with the 212 man. Your name, and more importantly your attitude is fodder for cocky rhyming slang

If you want to be part of the club do the the course and make the grade. If not show some respect for those that have!!