PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFI Checkride question/story
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 13:22
anokname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFI Checkride question/story

I took my first attempt of my CFI checkride the other day. After the oral the wx wouldnt let us do the flight. We scheduled to finish it up in a few days. In the time between the C172RG had a gear up landing and was out off commission. In order to complete the test I found the only other rentable RG in the state and signed up in it.

I ended up attempting the flight portion in a plane I have never flown before from an airport I have never been to before. This combined with the difficulty of the test and my nerves caused me to fail the ride. It was really annoying because the checklist provided by the FBO did not include a transponder or flaps check. I overlooked the transponder which was not 1200 and I failed because of it.

Now im needing to do a flight or two of practice before the recheck. But because the plane is not at my home FBO I need to train with a new instructor at the new location.

Here finally is the question. In order to get the endorsement for the recheck, does the cfi writing the endorsement need to have 2 years of experience, or can it be just any cfi that flies with me?