PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Views on CASA Schedule 5
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2014, 09:36
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The above statement once again is incorrect. A component may be run to its manufacture's recommendations out side of the airframe limits.
yr right,
I think you better check the "rules" and the court precedents for the correct answer.

And by the way the regulator dose not set the times in chap 5 for life limited components its the manufacture so once again it has nothing to do with the regulator. If TCM wont and do give a longer service life to there engines it is excepted by the regulator. You also keep bringing in every other country well we are in Aust and it don't matter what they say.
More random rubbish, as far as I can see, nobody on this thread has said that the regulator sets RECOMMENDED TBO.

However, CASA does set time lives, when manufacturers do not, one example is the Australian unique AD setting airframe lives, based on estimated fatigue lives.

As to how many return to service documents I have signed out, that is not relevant to the facts and the discussion here.

Despite your claims of competence, based on repetition, you have clearly illustrated some interesting gaps in your knowledge. This in addition to your apparent prejudices, which makes me wonder if you are actually capable of learning from experience.

A bit like the pilot who did not have a 1000 hours experience, he had 1 hour a thousand times. Your views on LOP engine operations are as good an example as any of your approach to aviation life.

Tootle pip!!