PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 15:26
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace

This pilot clearly got behind the aircraft and screwed up flying the missed approach: no argument there. Chances are, though, that he had flown missed approaches before under training conditions and got it wrong under the pressure of having to do it for real.

One way of trying to address this is to do emergencies training in a full motion simulator but even that won't recreate the pressure of having to do it for real.

Whilst I agree with you that training which properly incorporates CAPS into emergencies handling is vital, calling this pull "ridiculous" is, well, ridiculous.

The mistake had already been made when the pilot decided to pull. If he hadn't pulled he would have died. Whatever went before, the final decision to pull was a good one.

With respect: this isn't the first time in this thread that you have used this kind of confrontational and emotive language. You're obviously a very experienced pilot, but, if I may say so, you don't help the valid points you make by spoiling them in this way.

Incidentally: as I asked earlier, when you do the 50 Cirrus hours you talked about earlier, do you plan to do proper training with an experienced CSIP and / or go to the CPPP I suggested? I really do recommend it no matter how experienced you are.