PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Flap overspeed during retraction?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 15:25
redfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So let's think about something else during take off and flap retraction. I wonder how to fly a speedlimited departure in the right way assuming I'm sitting in a heavy A320:
Presume there are 210kts speed limit at maximum during turns in your departure. Let's say our A320 has a GW of 66t leading to a green dot speed of 217kts and s-speed of 195kts. We take off with conf 1+F. If we clean up now according our SOP's without planning ahead at s-speed we soon will be trapped since now our green dot is above 210kts speed limit during departure...

I thought about flying it with 210kts preselected speed and fly it over the s-speed with conf 1+F until we're out of speed limited departure. What would happen if due to gusty conditions the speed increases to above 210kts? The flaps would retract due to auto retraction funtion, right? And conf 1 (slats only) leads to a higher green dot speed than conf 1+F! But I cannot determine what value that is, right? Hence a better choice is to preselect 205kts for a better speed marging during departure and keep conf 1+F, right?

I would like to know your thoughts about that issue. How would you fly such a departue?

Thank you for your input!