PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 10:56
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adrian

what are we arguing here! How wonderful an escape route the chute is? NO that point is taken.

So what are you arguing that pilots do not need to have good handling capability any more because as long as they can drive the plane not fly it they can pull a chute?

from my point I am arguing that the chute and yes systems should compliment a pilots honed skills and experience and not be used as a get out of jail for free card.

You will always get the highly experienced pilot who messed up and on reflection may have been better pulling the chute but I am sure that works the other way around?

Is it possible that a fast spinning or spiral dive aircraft might tangle up in the chute? putting the aircraft in a no win situation?

YES a pilot has to make a quick judgement of whether to use the chute or not but I would rather that was based on experience and pilot capability than an " Its ok I can press on in this weather because if i cannot handle it i have the chute

Problem here is we are all going around in circle and I suspect are not really that far apart

pace

Last edited by Pace; 24th May 2014 at 12:08.