PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I (may) quit flying
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 07:43
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PP

I am sorry to hear that! I think if most of us are honest we have all been there! I know with myself several times in 30 years of flying.

Situations, circumstances change! We change.

In my case when I took up flying all I wanted to do was get to solo then I would chuck it all in but somehow over the years situations change back and new challenges come along.

for me it was going commercial and getting the chance to fly some tasty machinery.

I have had the privalage of some jet ferry work which has taken me all over the world and i would be far poorer without those fabulous memories and experiences.

Sometimes I think it is better to tread water rather than make the bold statement
what you feel today you won't feel tomorrow and you have put a lot into achieving those licences so why not for now just do the minimum and see how you feel in a years time or whenever?

As for pilots and forums? Text is a faceless medium anonymous forums are places where people hide, pretend to be what they are not and places where text can be misunderstood. On top of that we are egos and it is so easy to make a mistake and get those egos damaged.

So in reality probably no different to people in forums from any other occupation.
I know of a friend in the local golf club and I have never heard of so much backbiting and self importance as there. So do not take up golf

Pace