PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:56
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australian integrity.

004# 1943 –"Once the bloodletting has ended there will be a number of these Darths who will remain, and rest assured they will regroup and once again take revenge upon the IOS Jedi council."
Dunno mate – W8 may have the right of it. Think on – 270 (plus supplementary) submissions is powerful medicine. That's a lot of research and even more information gathered, distilled into palatable phases; the ugly parts written around lest the daemon libel be conjured and used to scare small children. The problem, for those wishing to extract vengeance, is two fold.

In primus; the 'bank' of information related to those who would wish to extract revenge is considerable and not restricted to minor operational or clerical misdemeanours. There are some truly 'interesting' case studies of matters which could, at worst, result with goal or heavy fines; at best, are career enders with the associated social disgrace and ostracism. A tit for tat battle of attrition would simply be an unviable, mathematically unattractive nonsense.

Secundus, should the miniscule be fortunate (or smart) enough to avoid the pratfall of appointing an incompetent, embarrassing, unpopular DAS and manage to persuade the 'right-person' to accept the job; then the new DAS may well be quite fully aware of exactly what has previously passed as 'acceptable' behaviour and quietly, but ruthlessly, weed out the more "embarrassing" elements. Knowing full well - the world and it's wife will be watching: closely.

No, the old crowd have had their fun for now, they are teetering on the brink of very public disclosure and associated humiliation: the difference this time being a small group of Senators who not only believe the evil empire exists, but intend to eradicate it.

Anyway; if the remnants of the 'old guard' want a piece of me; they'll need to be bloody hungry. We see a lot of bullies, cowards and liars on the ferry; pitiful lot. I usually leave the care and feeding of 'em to the Gobbledock, being as how I like to watch him work. He does the "abandon all hope" pre departure safety spiel so very, very well.
Frequently mistranslated as "Abandon hope all ye who enter here". The word "all" modifies hope, not those who enter: "ogni speranza" means "all hope". – Wiki.
O, vengeance!
Why, what an ass am I! This is most brave,
That I, the son of a dear father murder'd,
Prompted to my revenge by heaven and hell,
Must, like a whore, unpack my heart with words,
And fall a-cursing.

Selah.

Last edited by Kharon; 23rd May 2014 at 20:04. Reason: The fare is unchanged - two coins is all it ever was.