PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX want a fight, why?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 08:12
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou Raven!

Sometimes I think we give these "managers" too much credit for their smarts. The main advantage they have over us is discipline. We are so impatient that we lose our focus and stop seeing the big picture.

What is the big picture I hear you ask? This company thinks it is OK to deteriorate the value of pilot compensation with inflation lagging pay rises. They think it is OK to use RA65 as a tool to gain concessions. They think expat housing is overly generous in the face of incredible inflation in Hong Kong. They think fatigue only applies to cabin crew, and that safety is nothing more than a punchline. This company thinks a $2000HK bonus on a profit of $2.6 billion is being generous. This company is the stingiest group of penny wise, pound foolish scrooges I have ever witnessed. They make money in spite of themselves because they call Hong Kong home.

They think they are saving money on crew right now. OK, but they are actually costing themselves money when it comes to this pilot. My productivity is in the toilet compared to a few years back. If they are happy for me to write 500 hours in the last 12 months on my medical application every year, so be it. They can have it. I'd rather work more for more money and a fairer set of rostering practices, but that is really up to them. The choice is theirs. I suggest each of my colleagues take the same stance.