PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Views on CASA Schedule 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 07:00
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And lead at 5-30 do you realyy think im going to go look for an insurance policy to pls you when I already know the answer.
yr right,
Once again, you cannot back up your assertions.
Can you explain why the same insurers as in Australia have no problems with engines on condition in NZ, if your claims are true, which they are not!!

You made so many statements that arnt ttrue. I like the one that the owner is resonsabile for the maintenance he is only that to make sure its done and not for the work that is carried out, that's why I have to sign 50 times a day my sig and lic and date.
Once again, you illustrate that you do not understand the relevant regulations, what you devoutly believe and what the law says are two quite different things.

Regelators how so ?
Because CASA can be and is regularly sued, and just regurgitating airframe manufacturer's MM limitations does go some way to minimizing CASA potential liability, at great expense to the whole Australian GA aviation sector.

So with this in mind, how do you anticipate the stoppage of a Vac pump?
This may be why the OEM recommends a time life.
no hoper,
RAPCO type dry vac. pumps are an interesting issue, and, as I hope you know, it is the airframe manufacturer's time lives that count, not the vac. pump OEM. There are differences (that I have seen) of up to 50% difference in the OEM and the TC MM figures.

Personally, where I have the choice, I never use a dry vac. pump.

As to the survey of underwriters, it was done by AOPA, the results were as I have posted, if you don't want to accept that, that's your choice. At the time, there were all sorts of scary stories about engines on condition, as happens every time some kind of change is mooted in Australian aviation.

Separate facts from urban myths.

As for your accusations that virtually all light aircraft log books are records of criminal fraud ( not just a civil aviation offense, such fraud is dealt with under the Crimes Act), I simply reject such accusations. And yes, I am well aware of some such behavior, mostly in the cattle mustering sector, but that is far from being the whole of the GA fleet.

The fact remains, that running engines on condition, regarded as completely unexceptional in most countries, causes a certain kind of Australian LAME to have fits of the vapours, and forecast the end of aviation as we know it, if any change is made --- particularly and kind of change that might effect his income stream.

Tootle pip!!

PS: I have no idea who "goldwing" is, but it certainly ain't me.