PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFT Syllabus
Thread: EFT Syllabus
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2003, 03:49
BEagle

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts
Without wishing to post anything which might be taken as comment on official policy, I do personally wonder what sort of an age we live in when chaps like 4-the-break have such concerns about the training which they're getting.........

IP-to-tgt at a UAS?? When I was a UAS student we learned core GH skills, captaincy and airmanship. Perhaps a bit of medium level navigation, certainly no low-level. Most of us left with well over 120 hours, probably at least 40 of which were solo. Then, with our PFBs and PIFGs, we did the 125 hour course on the JP rather than the full 140. We still did medium level nav, we flew the thing up to 30000ft solo and we did some low level at 240KIAS plus formation, lots of IF and GH. But I'm pretty sure that we didn't do IP-to-tgt until towards the end of the Gnat course; we didn't even fly 'battle formation' in the Gnat. Even then the Hunter chaps at TWU preferred 'Learning Command' to stick to basics, asserting that they wanted pilots to arrive with sound basic skills who they would then teach to fight their aeroplanes and to weaponeer.

I was at a UAS reunion last Saturday and every visitor was, shall we say, rather 'surprised' to hear about the ways things have gone.

All I can say is, I wish you the very best of luck........!!