PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEP at Ryanair
Thread: DEP at Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2014, 19:23
Skystar02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

My opinion, being in that profile of high experience pilot which Ryanair is looking for is this:

- Tempting with flying a modern 737 and possibly upgrading (just words);
- Type of contract is something that you don't have a choice. If you are a freelance in other airline your are able to pay taxes in your own country. And this ruling out any possible contract directly with Ryanair.
- All my coleagues in Ryanair told me that you are not able to know your base when you receive a call you after passing all the assesment. And even though when they tell you which base are you going to is not one of the three you requested during your interview.
- You have to pay for absolutelly everything. To pay for the type rating is something which sounds normal for young guys nowadays (it should not be), but paying for the uniforms, meal and even water is totally crazy.
- I also want to mention the training. During line training at your own expenses you have to move from one base to another.

I don't know how many candidates they will get but in my opinion they must change many things to became a real option for me and some of my friends flying around who might be interested in such an offer.

Good luck for them. If they are really "desperate" as some else said here is only Ryanair policy's fault.