PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most unnecessary chute pull ever?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:50
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went back and read some of my earlier posts and you are right, my phraseology made some of the posts veer into a personal challenge, rather than challenging the content of the discussion. So for that I apologize.
BPF

My apologies to you too I have said this before my posting style is designed to encourage passion in these discussions so sometimes colourful sometimes challenging sometimes stupid but I can usually waken a dying thread So I can only expect some of the responses I get

regarding the Hero i was being pedantic in the use of the word and purist in its meaning as the Press /media have watered down the true meaning and appear to attach that word to anyone who has been in anything threatening.

As for the Captain of the Hudson water landing he was not just doing his job but showed extreme skills and ability in pulling something off which as you say most in the sim could not replicate. That still does not truly describe the word HERO.
i was being pedantic and in no way trying to take away from the amazing skills displayed by the Captain in landing that aircraft and saving so many lives in doing so.

Pace