PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 21:15
Ian Burgess-Barber

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Wot OTU?

Danny (et al)

I'm perplexed, re your no.5650 about hours AFU and OTU for my late dad. The record of service in the back of the (2nd) log book has no record of OTU at all. He is back from Florida/Moncton/Harrogate, next is 6 (P) AFU Little Rissington followed by SPDC Blackpool, Bombay, BRD Worli, following in your footsteps. The record of service seems to me be meticulous from him joining the RAF as a boy apprentice in 1938 to his sad demise in 1948. Is it possible that AFU was his OTU, in that the Oxfords and Ansons that he flew there were preparation for the Expeditors that he spent most of his time operating in the sub-continent?
I am at a disadvantage at this time as I am in the UK, cheering up (I hope) my ex WReN mum , just out of hospital, so I cannot look at his Service Record Cards as they are back at the ranch in "The Auld Sod".
The "Case of the missing 100 Hours" continues - log books for persons no longer with us can be so frustrating! Maybe, just maybe, the Senior PPRuNers will fill the gaps!

Ian BB