PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW NEM IBNs
Thread: NEW NEM IBNs
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 19:21
viz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is another 'gotcha'...

If you were aged 45 or over on 1 Apr 12 and in the 'Protected Cohort' who will not transfer to AFPS 15, then the IBN says that you will be allowed to serve on the new commissions/engagements, even if they take you past age 55. However you will not be able to transfer to AFPS 15 because the 'Protected Cohort' was defined as those personnel within 10 years of their Normal Pension Age (age 55) on 1 Apr 12. As a member of AFPS 75/AFPS 05, the Normal Pension Age of 55 will not change, even if the Service allowed you to serve past the Normal Retirement Date. Therefore, you remain within the 'Protected Cohort' on AFPS75/AFPS05. There is no scope to change this as the transitional protections offered to members of existing schemes have been set by HM Treasury and apply across the Public Sector.
As someone with no access to DII or IBNs I'm confused Could someone please tell me..

Has the 28 days acceptance to extend to 60 started? If not, when will it start?

I'm in the Protected Cohort - is the idea that I would still receive my pension at 55 with no further pension accrual? What happens to my basic (PA) pay from age 55 to 60 - is it abated as the pension will have kicked in?

Thanks