PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EGCC to KMCO European
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2003, 00:00
tampabay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
European

Yes its true European do offer cheap flights to Orlando from MAN, i was on one last summer and the word CHEAP becomes all the more relevant. The interior is DISGRACEFULLY cheap and old, there is a slight musty smell, there are loose panels on the chairs and there is adhesive visible next to the light above the windows. I also have my suspicions about the standard of the aircraft, we took off on the return flight and once we had climbed to about 6000ft we started to circle and we were informed a fuel dump would have to be performed so we could return to Sanford because of faulty leading edge flaps, this took about 40-50 minutes of flying above Central Florida and a less than smooth landing at Sanford. By luck the inbound flight from Manchester landed shortly after and we did and it took about 2 1/2 hours to refuel and get back out to t/o but in their hurry they forgot all about pillows and blankets with only about a quarter of the flight recieving blankets resulting in hurrying and bargaining for blankets once the sky got dark...all in all i would not feel i was entirely safe on a European flight and would rather pay the extra for a competent airline.