PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $45,000 USD
Old 21st May 2014, 11:51
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Supply and Demand

I fear sadly that however much we study hard, work hard, etc the law of supply and demand will always win out in a firm seeking profit.

Yes we the drivers are the profit heads and everyone else the cost heads but the reality is we still need them more than they need us.

When the market becomes candidate driven i.e just take a look at China $350,000 per annum and retention bonuses at 3,5 etc yrs then we will see the playing field level.

Until then I earn more than a BA pilot, my children have good enough schooling and I live in decent villa and have access to 5 star beach resorts. Doesn't affect me now Im here but I would have signed a $ 100,000 bond and a 10 yr contract happily.

Re the non bonded pilots. They signed their contracts we signed ours. Be honest though do you think that the guy who just valeted his Lamborghini in front of you at the beach club got that because he went to school, did very well and invented the longer lasting light bulb/ cure for cancer or in fact even went to university.

Ooor is it that perhaps life isn't fair.