PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $45,000 USD
Old 21st May 2014, 11:41
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vortex,

Admire your positivity and your like for the job, but it it reflects the fact that you have not been here very long.

You see we also signed the bond and the contract and during that three years here is what happened to my contract BUT my bond stayed the same.

1) they increased the OT threshold from 78-92 hrs - massive pay cut.
2) they imposed a DEWA limit (unenforced until they decide otherwise - but nonetheless disgraceful considering it was in contract)
3) they cancelled my ALT destination in the US and made me pay for my family from Co. destination to my home city.(this alone is a 20,000dhs hit because I cannot book these until roster publication to maximize time at home - during peak a last minute ticket is huge, if I book early and change - the change fees are exorbitant & yes I get charged $100s for bags)
4)they made me pay for a UAE ID work visa for me and my family even though it's mandatory & work related

I'll say nothing about the tone deaf Comms received throughout & punitive disciplinary culture.

During recent times for bonded members they have changed the Staff travel (for the worse) & decreased manning on ULRs for the worse.

Do I like my job? Yes.

Would I like my contract respected - most definitely. Because the only 'union' I have to enforce my rights is that piece of paper - which if you review points above - can and will be changed at the Co.s whim.

Your whole premise is based on reading contract & signing. I did and it didn't work.

Just sayin.

f.

Last edited by fliion; 21st May 2014 at 11:53.