PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Raises New-Hire Bond to 5 yrs / $45,000 USD
Old 21st May 2014, 11:17
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Bananas

You misunderstand my main thrust. My reference in pilots professionality is not implying pilots ability to operate in any shape or form. I also do not refer to their ability to party/ be sociable. I refer to their ways of doing business.

Some pilots think it acceptable to take a type rating or command and leave at short notice. Some pilots like above in this very thread are asking about how they can be pursued or not outside of UAE.

You get to read the contract before you sign it. If you think the conditions too onerous then don't sign. Now I accept that the discussion is not about that per se it is about reasonability of EK to go for a 5 yr bond.

My take on this is it will put off the uncommitted, i think lack of commitment to your firm is unprofessional. The right candidate will want what is of offer and thus will have no issue signing.

If there is then a shortage of the right applicants then I think agrees with your second point and makes my point. They will have to make the Ts and Cs better for us all.

VT