PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEW NEM IBNs
Thread: NEW NEM IBNs
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 09:31
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for PAS pay increments the extension to 60 would mean I would serve for around 17 years stuck at the top level.
Simples! PVR once you hit max accrual. Its what everyone else is doing. Why would you want to stay in to accrue a huge pension with current work life balance as well as the impact of the job on your long term health prospects? Hit level 35, hit the button and run!

We're never going to get a 100% pay rise and the job will always have its issues. But in terms of the things that have frightened people recently, surely this is good news? Service until the new pension age?
I would certainly agree. I think manning have pulled a blinder by wangling this, especially as everything is so 'joint' with respect to pay and pensions. Lets remember, life, especially at the moment, is a compromise, I think with the pressure on pensions at the highest level, this must have been hard won and goes part way to recognize the concern regarding retention of experience at the moment. FRI so soon after the redundancies was never going to happen as it would look to the electorate as if the government made a mistake in sacking 200 baby pilots.

I'm not too worried about the "manning levers;" the discussion around them seems to centre on being able to let large tranches of people go when types are removed from service, like Harrier/Nimrod/etc in 2010. Not to look at individuals and kick them out with nothing.
All well and good, but its going to make mannings job of posting people to dying fleets interesting!

Last edited by VinRouge; 21st May 2014 at 09:41.