PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas retiming / changes on the Tasman
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 09:28
Wasavirgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't kid yourself Fruet Mich,

My father, who is a DAME here in australia (not the female kind), booked a Jitconnect flight back to Brisbane from AKL to avoid being on the same flight as my mother.

This is a man who knows the industry, and speaks to pilots on a regular basis. He's no idiot.

This is a man who refuses my offer of staff travel on Virgin, because he wants to fly QF. He pays retail for him, his wife and kids - ok so maybe he's an idiot... haha

He will NEVER be back - He described the flight attendants as 'clowns of the Virgin 2001 variety', too young with no people skills, who on a flight from AKL to BNE with 'at best minor turbulence', did not do a meal or drink service (not even a cold drink service).

This is not his first Jitconnect flight either - a well formed opinion.

He's just booked SQ for his next europe trip...

Just how much are QF losing as a result of the circus they're trying to run?

There are some excellent flighties at QF - but having worked as a casual flightie BNE based (yes, the dreaded casual! - I left rest assured), I can tell you the best crew that airline has is the old timers based in BNE, SYD, MEL and PER. It was always a pleasure to be called out on a duty with senior crew - they weren't lazy, they had fun with the passengers, and they had more than 'chicken or beef' in their vocab... I know many QF pilots or pax will disagree, but having made the jump from QF to Virgin - those older girls spoil you rotten in comparison...