PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Rivet Joint
Thread: RAF Rivet Joint
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 03:44
NoVANav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Are You Talking About?

Wensleydale,

I have no idea what you are talking about?
The RC-135s have absolutely nothing in common with the E-3Ds. The E-3s are an entirely different aircraft. The fuselage is different the wings are different. What do you not understand about DIFFERENT?

As to the original "Block" numbers hash of questions from an earlier poster. Minor block number changes in the manufacture of aircraft make no difference in service. Any additional equipment or modifications on the line are incorporated in all the earlier aircraft. I never saw any reference to manufacturer block number differences in any of the KC-135s or RC-135s I flew in. Once accepted into service a particular MDS designated aircraft was just like any other in the same MDS, unless modified for a special mission equipment fit.

Since the RJs have all been maintained by E-Systems/Raytheon/L-3 folks at Greenville, TX, under the Big Safari Program, for over forty years, the changes between aircraft (Vs, Ws, Us, Ss) are all well understood and documented.

Please, I beg you blokes, give it up, fly the aircraft, re-enter the world of airborne SIGINT collection, and take on the Germans/Spanish/et al over the Typhoon.

Besides, you can re-open this whole argument when the first Boeing P-8As Poseidons are delivered to the RAF.