PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 02:08
Ollie Onion

Received 219 Likes on 75 Posts
To be honest, I am sick to death of these Ben Sandiland articles. I dont know his background by he does seem to have a bit of a bias against Qantas. He used to have quite informative articles but has recently morphed into a ranting fool. His dribble written about Jetstar NZ and Air New Zealand is a total load of tosh. If he had done any research he would have found out that instead of his stated 'Air NZ has been able to charge more' they have infact overall reduced their fares significantly in response to Jetstar's pricing structure. This article was about how 'BUSINESS' traveler's still prefer to use Air NZ and are willing to pay more to do so. I don't see why this would be of any surprise to anyone. Air NZ has more frequency, lounges etc which is more attractive to a business person. Despite this Jetstar NZ still attracts around 20% of its custom from business customers which is better than most low cost carriers. He states that Jetstar NZ struggles to fill seats at $100, why then are its load factors in the the 80's, better than Air NZ. He takes a swipe at the checkin agent who 'decked' the radio host without pointing out that it was in fact the radio host that assaulted a female member of staff and the result was another staff member putting a swift end to that situation. The radio host court case was thrown out and in fact he was charged by the police. Come on BEN, don't twist the facts to meet your own self serving anti Qantas agenda, you are quickly losing all credibility you built up with some very good reporting in the past when you stuck to the facts.