PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2014, 01:18
Propduffer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@rh200

Yes, we'll take the raw binary file and we will parse it later as we decode its format. Once the data is in the public domain it cannot be edited and that is a significant point.

When you say "they will most likely be taking the time to be extra careful with a decision that would normally be flippant." you should keep in mind ATC watcher's post just above yours which points out that 71 days after the event, the Malaysian Minister of defense is still issuing inaccurate versions of the first days' events.

You are not the only poster here who is providing support for an obvious coverup of the events of March 9 -10 by elements of the Malaysian government. Others have made insulting posts about "amatur detectives" etc wanting information from the Malaysians (supposedly just to satisfy idle, or somehow juvenile curiosity.) The fact is that many people have a justified interest in finding out what happened to MH370; that presumably is why the search goes on.

There is much information about the early portion of that flight which is being withheld, and there have been a series of statements issued by the Malaysian Government which have been shown to be at variance with the truth. They have denied making statements they are on record as having made; and they have issued revisions to every detail issued prior to March 11th.

We still don't know the location (time, coordinates, heading, along with estimated speed and altitude) of the last radar sighting; although, the Malaysians have had that information since the evening of March 9th.

The Vietnamese, Thai, and Indonesian* radars tracked that flight, yet they haven't been forthcoming with detailed data; we can assume this to be because of diplomatic exchanges from the Malaysians requesting silence.
* The Indonesians issued a statement stating that they did not track MH370 "over their territory" - a qualifier which would hardly have been necessary if they hadn't tracked MH370 at all.

Another major failure to disclose by the Malaysians was the failure to announce to the nations searching for the wreckage in the SCS that Inmarsat had given them information that the flight had continued on for another seven hours. It took them at least three days to finally let that cat out of the bag. It is clear that in the absence of Inmarsat's release of data Malaysia would never have admitted tracking the plane into the Malacca Strait - we would still be looking in the South China Sea or the Western Pacific.

Much of the support here for the withholding of information has been based on the premise that primary radar data is some kind of a big secret. It is true that there is radar information in this world which is secret for good reason (modern over the horizon stuff such as JORN, or the defenses of a carrier group, or specific radiation patterns effected by ground clutter); but the garden variety stuff that the Malaysians bought from the British, or what Thailand or Indonesia is using is no secret at all - the range is limited by the horizon and that's that. There is no valid reason to withhold tracking information about MH370 (unless someone is trying to cover up the details of who and why MH370 went to its southern demise.) Another reason appears to be a person's political outlook - whether one sees government as a godlike entity over the people, or a creation of the people, paid for by the people and at the service of the people. I am of the latter, I assume that many others here share that view.

Yesterday someone posted here that one of the possibilities behind the disappearance of MH370 was that there may have been "another shoe to drop" or a message which was supposed to be released to the world failed to get out. I believe that is a strong possibility and I believe that the behavior of the Malaysian government supports that premise.

My point is: the disappearance of a commercial airliner with all its passengers is an event of global interest, it affects all of us.

Yet it appears that the root cause of this event is being hidden due to local politics in a small part of the world. I object to that.