PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas retiming / changes on the Tasman
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 21:35
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hehe, I love that vid! Classic!

I guess Scon's family friends prefer to travel QF, not BA, Thai or ANZ hence his concern about this service.

Yes it is very sad Jetconnect is now an integral part of the Qantas group, but by all accounts, they do a very good job and I've heard they have the highest net promoter scores in Qantas for customer service. Jetconnect are continually audited by Qantas and in fact our partner airlines to ensure the Qantas SOPs and high service standards of Qantas are strictly adhered to.

V-Jet, Qantas is being attacked on all fronts including getting anialated on the Tasman by Air New Zealand with staff being paid far less than staff in Australia. The only way we can compete as Qantas mainline is match this. Australia is a high labor cost economy. Until we can compete in all facets of doing business on the Tasman we need to support the Qantas brand name, not continually trash it with comments like "dodgy" or "con job". One day Qantas mainline will take this service back over, we'd like to do so with at least some customers that haven't been scared off by all the scaremongering from staff within the company!

Unfortunately this is now the world we live in. Virgin, Jetstar and Qantas all have NZ based staff flying the Tasman for one reason, to compete, or try to compete with Air New Zealand. Very sad but a reality with many Australian companies now investing in NZ.

The answer to Scon's question has been answered. Yes Qantas still operate the evening service from SYD-AKL, very safely and to the high standard required by Qantas. I hope your family friends continue to enjoy the great Qantas service.