PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK - Meydan Heights preview, get ready
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 18:48
Basic Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ain't how it used to be

Mayday heights is probably similar to Al Furjan(too far Sir,as the drivers put it )..
When I joined, we heard rumours that we may be put there, but hoped not as quite frankly it's cr*p compared to say DSO or the Layan...The decision to come was heavily based on seeing how mates already here were living. Of course, they won't tell you until it's too late and you have already resigned and are committed. So of course we got AF and I don't mind telling you, it was shockingly bad..... No facilities, none.... No shops, no pool, no schools no Costa/ Spinneys... Nada... Oh and there was only one road in and out, my record was nearly two hours to get to the SZR, only 3 clicks away... So since we got here we have smiled politely as people complained that Costa in DSO ran out of Almond croissants or that the school run took 8 whole minutes today, or that some tit cut them up at the security gate. What's a security gate? Our place was open to the desert and the 30,000 Indians from Disco gardens that have joined The Force India F1 team and practice through the estate each morning...Ooops, nearly forgot the icing on the cake that is the delightful smell of Sh*t every day from the untreated sewage they pump onto the few shrubs that are planted about. Anyway.. We tried to get moved but Accommodation despite everything from bribery to threatening them with a 1000 fleas infesting their privates, resisted brilliantly. ( they just ignore you if your case becomes too strong)...
Did I mention the child that got knocked over by a car recently? It seems it's ok to do 60+ K down the streets here... Did I mention the break ins? Oh the wife's loved that whilst we were all away and doors were being booted it...

To the credit of all concerned, the place has become a community, ( all in the s***t together)... We will soon have a shop within 5k and at last a security gate is going in.. I'm going to take a chair and sit and laugh at the prats that get turned away from using us as a rat run... The villas are actually very nice, but not detached, and as I write, next door are playing scrape the table / chair...but hey..... The gardens are actually big enough to make into a little something and here's the point....... Emirates have taken a major step down from how it was here and it's the future... Mayden and AF are how it's going to be for everyone eventually. Good luck to those that get to hang on for a few more years to the nice villas...it's worth it but steel yourself for the change when it comes..yer wifes are not gonna like it.....

There are other posts on this site that speak of the difficulty the company are having attracting the right people, and the fact that the package is not keeping up with Dubai's spiralling cost of living...I would be surprised if this helps attract the "right people"...

BTW P7.... Good cat is right....you might as well stay home mate if you feel the way you do before you even get here... Accept it for what it is and it will be fine, otherwise you will give yourself ulcers and you can bet your a**se they will be pre existing...