PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Surprise, Surprise.
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2014, 09:22
red zebra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the other reasons for the shortfall is that when it was announced that Leuchars was to shut and everything was moving to Lossie people started leaving in droves, I know about a dozen or so guys (C/Tech down to SAC) who got new jobs and put their notice in, a very good friend of mine was out in 1 month, a very experienced Typhoon leckie, manager & trainer, lost because of some ginger gits political agenda.
Several pilots also left because they didn't want to move and civvys are moving on too because they don't want the move north, I'm one of them, the most experienced man in my section, no incentive from my company to move, no incentive to stay till the end. I start my new job next month, not losing out financially and don't have all the hassles of a house move.
Unfortunately, as with everything of this nature, nothing will be done until someone gets hurt (or worse), then the finger of blame will still not be pointed upwards at the right people.
After a 30 year association with the RAF, either serving or as a civilian contractor I am leaving it all behind, there are many that will follow this route too, the politicians will get their reduced numbers and be happy and we will be left with a dearth of experience and talent from top to bottom and the RAF will become a dangerous company to work for.
I'm not going to miss it and that, for me, is the saddest part.