PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA, what do YOU want???
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2003, 19:28
Bill Pike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"A happily employed ATPL Holder"
Ever heard the term "fat dumb and happy" son?
CASA proposals, "A pilot is guilty of an offence, (strict liability, he does not have to be aware) if the cabin crew don't stow baggage" "A pilot is guilty of an offence if he doesn't obey an ATC instruction ( including light signals) that he neither heard nor saw"
I could go on. Neither the AFAP nor, I am sad to say, AIPA are awake. AIPA would not have officially objected to the ATSB grab for the right to kick your door down without a search warrant without prodding from AOPA. ("But we wrote to the ATSB, why should we attend the Senate Hearings?" Such naiviety!) Only AOPA is objecting to the CASA power grab for "strict liability"! I also am an ATPL Holder gainfully employed, why is it (said with a note of bitter frustration) that I can see the threat and you guys cannot? Is it the "frog in the gradually increasing water temperature" syndrome? We should not have a single regulation , not one, that is not safety case justified and we are confronted with bloody hundreds. Carrying lifejackets over floodwaters? That is an international first, and AOPA the only objector."Simple and Harmonised" my arse. Why is it that the only voice raised in anger at the ridiculous proposal that the physician should heal himself is AOPA? CASA wrote in the first place the dopey regs they are rewriting, are they likely to solve the problem? Don't join AOPA if you don't wish to, but for chrissake kick AFAP or AIPA into gear!.

Last edited by Bill Pike; 30th Apr 2003 at 19:38.