PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dimonium Air
Thread: Dimonium Air
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2014, 10:57
Killer Loop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surprised lilflyboy262...2 can't answer all the questions with his extensive global bush flying experience. Having said that from a PNG prospective (having spent close to 10 years here, starting on a C206, then DHC-6, now DHC-8) PNG does throw up plenty of security challenges as well flying challenges (a bit different from Botswana as I think the Okavango only differs by 800 ft from highest to lowest point from memory).

Without going into details as long as you take sensible precautions (I don't drive at night any more if I can avoid it as the police will inevitably pull you over where the fun can really start.....guns, beatings, bribery, corruption etc), keep your wits about you, respect the nationals (you are a guest) and generally treat others as you would like to be treated things are fine.

Obviously if you divert too much from this advice a whole world of hurt awaits you in The Land Of The Unexpected. There are too many stories of those who have diverted from this advice and it hasn't ended well and I myself am a work in progress......it took me the best part of my first 5 years to understand this with some painful lessons along the way.

And before Geeup chimes in, he has had some painful lessons too in the dim and distant past.