PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thrust on during flare...Q for AIRBUS test pilots...
Old 19th May 2014, 08:49
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ insomniac

Oi ! Listen up - you spent half your posts telling Jet Pilots of Big Jets that as opposed to using elevator for speed (like in little aeroplanes) and thrust for RoD - in the big jets you use Elevator for RoD and thrust for speed. No way? Boy is that true? - wow, must go and tell the air-line pilots about that - they will really want to know that.

So, some of the pilots come in to explain how instinctively all that . . .drill can be pre-empted due to the feel of the aircraft viz a vis the motion (which you can feel by the seat of your pants and see by your most beautiful radial scan).

Duh?

So - if you were less into what you accused me of - then you would not be talking baby talk on a professional pilots forum, consisting of jet pilots that fly jets every single day - you num nut.

So Mr ---ola, how pray, would you arrest a nasty sink in the A320 - ooooh, I dunno lets say an unprecedented windshear - a reverse in the wind speed - at 50 feet and falling like the clappers. What would you do - there are perhaps many options - I would choose only one of them, if I were you - and after having done so - what would be the result of your actions? What would be the result, despite your actions?

You should sleep more.

Touchdown zones - now there`s a thang! Must phone up ICAO and tell `em about that - they could use it in their next manual. (hmmm, touch down zones - might catch on . . . touchdown zones, yep - certainly got a nice ring to it . . . . )

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 19th May 2014 at 09:01.