PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2014, 21:30
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps if Dtva got a London service again it might just reverse the fortunes of it.
Now that the sort of carriers that would get slots (Flybe into Lcy).
Or Perhaps links air could do (for example Dtv to Sen).
Then being smaller aircraft (to silence the negative comments about jets flying half empty).
Then there is no reason why it couldn't work.
But my question is , if it happens and did work ,
What then would the operator do if presented with an offer of new routes from say (for example)
Jet2 saying ok we see a market here and we'll run Flights to Amsterdam ,Prague . Barcelona and also we'd like to run to Malaga and Alicante ?.
Would they turn it away because Jet2 (just an example not me saying they would . Before I get trolled abused or shot down etc as seems to be the way this thread is run).
Or would they go back on their business only use.
I mean I don't see how they can grow it into anything beyond 10 routes without adding in holiday traffic.
Or can they start attracting domestic city to city feeder services .
Peel in theory could just as well buy a small fleet of Prop eg J41 Atr 42 or Even an Emb170 and a few coaches.
Then setup flying to other UK airports perhaps underused ones.
Eg Dtv - Dundee - bus to Edinburgh
Eg Dtv - Sen - Get an arrangement with the train operators for a code share type fair into central London
One that Probably would do Well would be a direct flight from Dtv to.Sumburgh cutting out having to go via Aberdeen.
The E170 could easily cope with Sumburgh and ought to be compatible as a service for the oil n gas industry.
Ditto the Faroe.
Sorry for the long post but ive noticed there never seems to be anything on this thread about the airport beyond constant Anti peel rhetoric politics. And negativity.
Has anyone stopped to think that in some small way this much hysteria over half the thread could be damaging the chances for the airport?