PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever sent a mayday?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2014, 17:13
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One mayday, 2 pans. The mayday was about 1m 30 before impact, and was not heard by ATC but was relayed, one Pan to Duxford on the Friday of the Flying Legends show, the world and his wife/P52/Spit Mk9/Me109 etc all held off as I landed, one to Luton Radar on a busy Sunday afternoon which got me down at Luton in a hurry, thankfully, the problem was worse than the warning lights were telling me.

One day I relayed for help for a helicopter in trouble in bad weather near Elstree. London Centre were struggling to make him out and it wasn't helped by T**ts over the Atlantic shouting "Hey buddy, you're on guard!" Especially the bloke in a KLM 747 who kept interfering and who took real exception to my non-standard call of "F*** off you c***, this blokes in trouble and we're trying to help him, while you're helping to kill him!" My employers got a snotty e-mail from a KLM manager who traced my call sign, I sent one back suggesting they learn from Teneriffe and kick their pilot's a***. Strangely they went quiet after that.

SND