PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reducing thrust in cruise for overspeed
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2014, 11:58
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
busav8r
While not trying to deny anything that you experienced I want tell you that there was a detailed presentation by Airbus during Flight Operations and Training Seminar of 2013 to discuss events reported by operators such as yours. It discusses the phenomenon in light of some causes, stage of flight and aircraft protections. Then they have explained the procedures. There two different stages. First is prevention when over speed is likely to occur, the next is recovery from actual over speed. In prevention speed brake is as required. Only in recovery from exceedance full speed brake is recommended. One reason for pilot intervention is limited auto pilot authority for passenger comfort. None of this is my suggestion so I am not right or wrong. My other point is about the authority of the procedure because should something seriously go wrong you can be nailed for not following the procedure. Also procedure that could affect safety should only be changed after consultation with the manufacture more so in FBW. I am fully aware simulators only simulate what is known thus far. So it is not going to help.