PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TRI/TRE biz jet
Thread: TRI/TRE biz jet
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2014, 11:43
Sop_Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good question

In my view instructing is a "calling". You maybe the best operator in the world but if you are unable to put it across effectively, you are probably not going to make a good instructor. Instructing or examining should not be viewed as a short cut for promotion etc..

"An instructor will see what you are doing wrong and explain how to do it right. A check pilot will tell you are what you are doing, or have done wrong".

There is a huge amount of physiology involved in being an effective instructor and unlike a lot of basic flying instructors, advanced instructors should be quite experienced also. 10,000 hours is a good yard stick, certainly for airline. Less for candidates who have done biz jet only as the hours P.A aren't there.

Trappers? I look at them as I would look at a pedophile in a school yard. Creators are needed, not destroyers. Anyone can be "broken" in a simulator but what does it prove? Absolutely nothing. Reminds me of those insidious "chop checks" that used to be carried out. I refused to partake.

Last edited by Sop_Monkey; 18th May 2014 at 14:47.