PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming an Instructor & related FI questions
Old 30th Apr 2003, 16:59
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone. To fill in a few gaps...after a week or so when I really couldn't even bear to think about it all, I knew I was going to have another crack at it. I started re-learning the theory stuff slowly, an hour or two a day...all I had actually since I have to earn a living occasionally. I went flying once to remind myself it was fun, a second time with an instructor so I could practise giving back a few exercises, then to a fly-in because...I wanted to go. I was supposed to practise EOLs with an instructor, but we had to pack it in as I wasn't feeling well and my coordination was crap...it was actually a flu-type bug that I spent the whole week in Thruxton trying to shake off, but I seemed to be able to fly by then. I kept fairly quiet about doing it; in fact hardly anyone knew. I'd arranged fairly early on to go back to Thruxton straight after Easter; I allowed two weeks for the whole thing, but ended up with three days flying, a drive to Wellesbourne on the Thursday night, and the test on Friday. We started at 10am and finally finished the paperwork etc just after 6pm!!!! Then I drove the nearly 100 miles home in the Friday evening traffic. Hmmm...no wonder I was tired.

Anyway, no job as yet, so I can't start a thread about it, even if I wanted to, and I'm not sure about any more live threads. But a few possibilities, so I'm hopeful...