PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBACE 2014 - Who's Going?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 21:47
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrankR,

I've been twice in three years. Don't know why I went back the second time... Maybe the location sucked me in.

It's a complete waste of time, with second rate presentations, few meaningful booths for pilots to visit, and few aircraft on display.

Oh, don't forget how expensive it is!!! Food, hotel, airfare... Zow!

Nope, unless someone puts a gun to your head, skip it! Head to NBAA in Orlando this October.

FR
I appreciate the reply.

In regards to some of the points you mention;

Cost - Very, very kindly gifted a ticket for the exhibition/conference, so that is costing me £0.

Hotel - That is what god created hotel loyalty program points for

Flight - I work for a commercial airline which flies 10 times a day to GVA and have rebate travel. I also collect frequent flyer miles, with this option being the one utilised on this occasion, making minimal cost of under £50.

Flight Attendant Conference on the day before was another cost, which was a staggering $25, but I emptied my penny jar for that one

Food - Having operated countless GVA trips when I flew short haul ops, I know how to eat relatively cheap, and will also get complimentary breakfast at the hotel through my level of membership.

I have made sure that I have networked and arranged things to do before going, with people and companies. A lot of it will be of general interest to me and as someone new to the industry, I do believe I should at least make a concerted effort to get involved and risk the possibility of maybe meeting some new contacts and learning of aircraft, galley equipment, interiors, cabin management systems and service partners which may turn to be useful when I get my first position.

As mutt also mentions, I am UK/Europe based, so as much as NBAA in Orlando looks of great interest, a whole raft of US focussed suppliers and organisations is not going to be of massive use to me, so EBACE is by far more suitable for my geographical location.

Again, I appreciate your reply, but thankfully, on this occasion, no guns are required to chivvy along my willingness to attend.

Warm Regards,

TS