PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 21:15
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Off to the races.

It's coming from all directions for Truss: had the Senate committee not been gazumped by the WLR, I reckon that by now we'd be a long way down the road where a statement like this would be superfluous.

Sarcs # 1935 "IMO this is a perfect example of how a State signatory to ICAO Annex 13 (Chapter 8) is supposed to act. There is no obfuscating of responsibilities to the Annex; there is no resources spared in getting the message across; there is no arguing the toss by the regulator; and ultimately all stakeholders respect the NTSB initiative and get on with appropriately addressing the significant safety issues highlighted.

Wonder if the TSBC will have picked up on this stark difference in methodology, interpretation and compliance by the ATsBeaker to Annex 13?
The big question (IMO) is what will Truss do? – if anything – track record and form considered. You don't need to pull a horse up to loose a race, just give it an outing doing the minimum legally required (look like you're trying), rather than going all out. Looking at the BRB tote board, there's some small money for a late scratching, some of the pragmatic money is on 'an outing' rather than an all out effort to win; but most of the cynical money is bet on a 'token' effort, made with heavy reliance on 'interference' being called in the final furlongs. Result, our horse finishing fourth (out of the money) with a credible excuse for the mug punters when the stewards rule against the claimed 'interference'.

The smart money is on the Senate entry in the next race – the Conscience cup – a classic race with only the top weight for age performers invited. Save your pennies for this one; but, always said it, punting is a mugs game.

Last edited by Kharon; 17th May 2014 at 21:21. Reason: Don't blame me, I only keep the odds and lay the bets.